The Sigma Lambda Beta Education Foundation Grant Program allows SLB entities (colonies, chapters, and alumni groups) to apply for funds to help offset costs of their on-campus programs. Grant funding is derived directly from contributions made to the General Education Fund.
These programs must meet the following criteria:
- Programs must contain educational, intellectual, cultural or professional development programming.
- Preference for programs that take place on campus.
- Programs must be non-alcoholic in nature.
- Programs must not be fundraising by nature.
- All groups must have an advisor helping with the program.
- All groups must agree to provide the SLBEF with pictures and a write-up of the event within a week after its completion.
- Quality of application (complete, clear, detailed, well written).
- Evidence of sound financial planning and a realistic marketing plan.
Grant awards will generally not support full funding of any program. Applicants must demonstrate efforts to secure funding beyond this grant program. Exceptions can be made to this on a case-by-case basis.
If your SLB entity is in good standing with both the Executive Office of Sigma Lambda Beta as well as your institution and meets the previously listed criteria, you may be eligible for a SLBEF Grant.
Completed applications must be submitted at least one month prior to the event date.